Saturday, March 16, 2013

TRUNK SHOW-- WHERE?

CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #105 challenge ending March 26, 2013
CLICK HERE for the DL.ART Thankful Thursday LINKY PARTY challenge ending March 31, 2013




Good Morning Friends,

SCRAP BOOK EXPO-PLEASANTON, CA.

I had to get a recharge on the creative batteries and what better place than to be with crafty bloggy friends.
I signed up for 4 workshops Yes, 4 workshops from 9:30 am until 3:00pm.-- I had 1/2 hour in between each 1 hour workshop.

So here is where the fun/or should I say strange day began. 

The night before I decided to set the 6:00am and the 7:00 am alarm, 7 as a back up in case I slept through the first (which, I don't normally do).  I am a light sleeper, so I probably really didn't need the back up.
What I actually did, was shut off both alarms.

 I wake up 10 minutes, before the time I wanted to leave, at least I got a good night sleep and woke up naturally, right.

Should I or shouldn't I wash my hair?  I think so, which adds on another 20 minutes.

I have everything loaded up and ready to leave, the car is packed with all the things I will need for the work shops.  So off I go. Fifteen minutes out, I'm thinking .......... Did I or didn't I unplug the flat iron? If I don't get off at this exit it will be another 20 minutes to get off if I decide to go back. In my mind I am thinking .. It is better to be late for the class than have a burned down house. So I go back.. The flat iron was unplugged.

Off I go again... My Nav system is directing me and I am happy and singing away.   She tells me make a right and stay in the left lane --ooops!!!! I could not get over -This takes me another 10 minutes out of the way, I should have listened to Zoeie (that is the name I gave my Nav voice).  
Do any of  you do that, name things you have, that aren't really people?

I arrive and it is a beautiful sunny day,  last year it was raining cats and dogs.  Unfortunately I missed the early bird shopping-- Oh well, I make it to my first workshop and it is Trunk show-- I received 2 times or more in products from Queen and Co. what the class cost me.


Check it out


 I am looking forward to playing with this stuff,



This is the wrist band you get if you are in classes


Everybody won a prize and I won 6 spools of twine


Come back later for more of the saga of  the Scrapbook Expo -- I met up with some friends I will tell you about that in the next episode and more stuff to share-- I had so much fun.

Thanks for stopping by,
Have a blessed day, Diana

10 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!! all the goodies look so YUMMY!
    Can't wait for you to share more!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win!and awesome deals!I am Happy to know that you had a wonderful time.Yes,I name my critter friends...lol
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great stuff and sounds like lots of fun. I can't wait for our area expo next month.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate to your story!! I too have gone back (many times) thinking I've left something plugged in (and it wasn't)!! And I named my GPS Maggie (she's a Magellan!!) I can't wait so see what you create with your goodies!! Have a great evening my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to have so much fun with all of your new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks awesome all those goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome goodies. Glad you made it there safely and yes it is better to ck for things left on even if you are late so as to not burn the house down and regret it later. Sometimes we pull out of the driveway and not sure if we put the garage door down so we drive around the block & go back & ck and each time it has been down but best to ck.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowie! crazy morning! but it all worked out; you got awesome prizes!!! :) glad you had a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well at least you got the goodies and didn't burn down your house! lol. Yes, I do name things, my truck is named Mr. Puff and Chug. Can't wait to hear what happens next!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...